Monday, May 30, 2016

National Park Stop #1: Grand Canyon NP Day 2


We got our hike on today! And naps. :) Here's what we did today...

Good morning!

We made it to the shuttle around 7:00 to head towards the beginning of the South Kaibab Trail. 



This hike was fairly easy on the way down, but it was extremely challenging (at least for me), on the way up to the top. 

The views were beautiful!



Eeek!

We made it halfway! By the time we made it to our stopping point, I needed to use the restroom so badly that I cried a little bit by the time I was able to go. I don't think I've ever needed to go so badly! I contemplated going behind a tree on the hike, but couldn't bring myself to do it! 



Yeah, 65* in the shade. Most of the hike up was in direct sun with no shade. It felt more like 90*. 


As I'm unable to go to Pure Barre for 2+ weeks, I decided to keep practicing some of the exercises so I don't forget how to do everything! 

Break's over! Starting the walk back to the top. 

Some crazy views!

We saw some pack mules several times throughout the hike. They were very impressive! 



Almost to the top!

We made it! It took about 5 hours, but we hiked the South Kaibab Trail in Grand Canyon! 

There's nothing quite like napping all afternoon in #thehillsmobile after hiking all morning. 

This stud helped a little, old lady find her husband today. They were somehow separated at the Grand Canyon and the wife came back to the campsite to see if the husband had driven there. Bry drove her back to the GC and there he was, one of only three cars in the parking lot waiting in his car! The lady was so sweet and to say thank you, she made us Korean Chicken Soup. It was so delicious!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment