Saturday, May 28, 2016

Embarking on #bearfood2016


The day finally came! The day we've been waiting for and planning for ten months had finally arrived! I wish I could say ten months was enough time for me to make sure I was packed up and ready to go to bed early, but no, I was still packing until well after midnight (sigh...)

We loaded the final luggage into #thehillsmobile and we were off!

And we're off! We left our house at 6:30 AM on 5.28.16. 

I apologize in advance - this is our go-to face and we make it in almost every photo!

Bad news: we're already at Walmart. Great news: there are mountains back there. 
Julie: (proceeds to make up annoying songs about the mountains.)
Husband: "You chose a confident volume."

We made it to our campsite in Albuquerque. We love #thehillsmobile! It takes setup from 4 hours to 30 min-1 hour!

Our first dinner on the road. Sausage and Parmesan tortellini with red sauce and pesto.

We walked around and explored the area after dinner. The owner warned us about bears, jackelopes, and other scary things, but I think Bry was secretly hoping to see one of these animals.

I got pricked in the toe by a cactus, but it was fine.

Ahhhhh....


Loving the trip already and it's only night ONE!

Just playing a classic game of tetherball. I won't even lie...Brian completely schooled me. This photo is deceiving - it looks like I'm actually playing and in the game, but don't be deceived, my friends. I didn't even stand a chance!

After cleaning up, we watched the first half of The Edge in #thehillsmobile. Can't wait to go to the Grand Canyon in the morning!!! 

2 comments:

  1. "You chose a confident volume." 😂😂😂😂😂

    That made me lol. Totally something Chris would say to me. And also such a teacher compliment. I'm gonna be chucking about that one all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! We have such a beautiful country. Enjoy your journey and be safe.

    ReplyDelete